Monday, July 8, 2013

Manicure Monday: China Glaze “Turned Up Turquoise”

Hey there polishaholics today I decided to start a new little series on my blog called “Manicure Mondays”. I plan to post a manicure or nail polish inspired post every Monday, and today this is the first.



The polish I am wearing is from the new China Glaze Sunsational Collection, it’s called Turned Up Turquoise and I’m really in love with it. I am a Turquoise fanatic and anything teal is usually good with me.
Natural Light (2 Coats)


Now let’s get on to the details, this polish is a Neon Crème, but unlike most neons this polish can be worn without a basecoat of white and there is very subtle bluish – green micro shimmer. The formulation of this polish is good and it applies smoothly, it is also opaque so you could get away with one coat but I recommend two. Also it is exactly what you would expect from a neon; it dries with a matte, rubbery texture therefore a topcoat is definitely needed; unless you like the matte look. One huge problem that I had with this polish is that it chipped almost immediately after I put it on which was very upsetting, since it chipped in less than 24 hours. Although the colour payoff, formulation and opacity is good and the colour is beautiful the chipping is a pretty big issue. I am still glad I purchased it but if you are a perfectionist I would not recommend this polish for you because the chipping will drive you mad!!!
Artificial Light (2 Coats)
 Artificial Light (2 Coats)
 Natural Light
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post....
XOXO Gaborillaa ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment