Saturday, May 3, 2014

Revlon Amazing Spiderman 2 Collection Review


This weekend the highly anticipated film The Amazing Spiderman 2 came out and let me assure you it was an excellent movie! I went to see it opening night and it was absolutely incredible, I've always been a fan of superheroes and comics ever since I was little so when Hollywood decided to reboot all of the classics I was completely ecstatic!!! Although the original Spiderman trilogy starring Toby Maguire will always have a special place in my heart; this new remake is just as good, and plus I cannot get enough of that hunk Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone which is one of my favourite actresses!!! Anyways enough about the movie... Lets get on to the makeup.

Revlon Lipgloss - Sparks Fly
Revlon Nail Polish - Super-Powered
Revlon released their Amazing Spider-Man 2 Collection quite some time ago, but it wasn't till recently that this collection started popping up in Canada, and sadly I have only been seeing the small displays that do not include the blue lipgloss which was disappointing for me. Anyways the collection is composed of 3 lip-glosses; a red, pink and blue and 6 nail polishes, which are all in standard black Revlon packaging adorned with gold spider webs on the caps. I picked up two things from the collection the lipgloss in the shade Sparks Fly and the nail polish in the shade Super-Powered. 

Sparks Fly Lipgloss - $7.99-8.99
Lets start with the lipgloss... I want to start off by saying I'm not really a lipgloss person so this is actually the first lipgloss that I've really tried from Revlon and truthfully I don't find it that spectacular. It's a pretty colour and I know for a fact that it'll look lovely over a blue toned red but in all honesty the colour does not stand out to me. It does have a really beautiful, shimmery, chromatic look and since it is blue toned it helps make your teeth look whiter which is a plus; and this gloss is NOT STICKY (yay!!). But it still is not something that I would rush out to buy. And one thing that I don't really like about this gloss is the scent, it's sort of chemically and I do not like it. Other than that its a pretty nice gloss but again I would rush out to get it! 

Sparks Fly Lipgloss Natural Light  (No Flash)


Super-Powered Nail Polish - $5.99-6.99
 Now lets move onto the nail polish. Although the lip-glosses in this collection were a little lacklustre that was NOT the case for the polish I picked up. Super-Powered is such a gorgeous chromatic blue colour that looks absolutely gorgeous on the nails. It's super opaque and applies pretty smoothly; my only complaint with this polish is that it does stain the nails so I recommend that you do use a base coat to prevent that. This shade is a beautiful cobalt blue with a purple/magenta duochrome. I absolutely adore this polish and I might pick up a few more shades from this collection because the colours are beautiful and the formulation is great. I can totally say that I have never been this "wowed" by a Revlon collection before. Out of all the swatches I've seen online this has to be my favourite out of the collection for sure and I am so glad I picked it up! 

Super-Powered - Natural Light (No Flash)

Anyways thanks for reading, are you planning on picking up anything from this collection or are you going to see The Amazing Spiderman 2? Let me know in a comment below
XOXO Gaborillaa ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment