Monday, March 17, 2014

Sephora Divergent Multi-Piece Collector's Kit




Hey everyone do I ever have an exciting blog post today!!!!! As many may know the greatly anticipated movie adaptation of the book DIVERGENT is coming out this Friday!! And of course we all knew that they had to make some type of cosmetics to go along with the release to draw in all of the teenaged viewers (like me sadly)! Sephora teamed up with the Divergent franchise and created three different sets, a nail polish set a multi-piece palette and the mother of all collectors pallet which is what I picked up! I was super excited when I heard that Sephora was releasing a Divergent line 
because combining my love of beauty and books is something that I cannot resist, anyways let's get 
on to the review of this set.


The Divergent Limited Edition Multi-Piece Collectors Kit by Sephora is a huge set that comes with 3 eye shadow palettes containing 4 eye shadows each and a special transformer shade, it also includes another palette with two blushes, a highlighter and a bronzer along with 4 mini lip glosses, a dual ended blush and eye shadow brush plus three "Get the Look" cards to help you achieve looks from 
the movies. Now that's a lot of stuff but it didn't exactly come cheap. The entire set cost me $71.00 
here in Canada and it’s $59.50 in the States. Now from hearing the price you may be freaking out but in all honestly I think that this set is COMPLETELY worth it! You're basically getting an entire makeup starter kit for only $71.00 all you need is some mascara, an eyeliner and maybe a lipstick and you’re Gucci!! Also these products are actually super great quality! They aren't cheap or poorly made and actually last when you're wearing them.

 (Top to Bottom: Fear Not, Natural Virtue, Supreme Ritual, Temptations Choice)


This set comes with four mini lip glosses in the shades Fear Not; which is a mauve-y pink with with a very subtle pink and gold shimmer, Natural Virtue; which is a pinky nude with a tiny bit of shimmer that is almost unnoticeable, Supreme Ritual; which is another pinky nude but is milkier and again has an almost unoticable shimmer, the last lipgloss is Temptation's Choice; which is a shimmery pink colour with slighy orange-y brown tones but looks almost clear on the lips. All of these glosses are neutral colours so they'd look great with any makeup look which makes them very versatile (much like a Divergent ;D) These glosses also have a minty flavour and scent and are not sticky when applied on the lips which I am totally grateful for. Lastly one small flaw to these lip glosses is the applicator; altough these glosses come with a doe foor applicator I find that I need to dip it back into the tube several times to get full coverage on my lips which is annoying but not a serious problem nonetheless.

(Natural Light with Flash)
Fear Not, Natural Virtue, Supreme Ritual, Temptations Choice



Now this palette comes with 3 eyeshadow palettes the first one being the Abnegation Palette. This palette is very neutral, earth toned. The colours are very rich especially Bold Espresso and Intrepid Moss which are both very gorgeous colours. All three of the palettes also come with a High Gloss Transforming Eye Shadow which I would like to say is "interesting" and to be honest I am not too sure how it works but it is very pretty and looks nice over the shadows. I did notice a bit of fall out from Golden Honesty and a ton of fallout from the Transforming shade; but that can be expected since it is very glittery. Overall these shadows are great quality and last for quite a long time, and my two standout shades from this palette are definitely Bold Espresso and Intrepid Moss. 



(Natural Light with Flash)
Transform, Bold Espresso, Intrepid Moss, Golden Honesty, Altrustic Almond



The second palette that came with the set is the Dauntless palette which is defenitely the most bold and dramatic palette of the kit. Again these eyeshadows are creamy and apply really smoothly with the exception of Erudite Sapphire which is a little patchy; which was kind of dissapointing but with layering it still applies pretty nicely. I also want to talk about Abnegation Stone which is a gorgeous purple-ish grey with a bit of a green and purple duochrome (similar to Knackered nail polish by Butter London, you can read about that here if you don't know what I am talking about). Its such a unique shade and I am dying to use it in a look soon. I also liked the Transforming eye shadow in this palette the most. Diverge is a gorgeous shimmery metallic green colour and would be really pretty paired with a smoky eye. 



(Natural Light with Flash)
Diverge, Dauntless Ink, Abnegation Stone, Erudite Stone, Serene Vanilla 



The last and final eyeshadow palette that came with this set is Erudite Palette; which is more of a warm toned neutral palette whereas the Abnegation palette was more cool toned. These shadows are very pretty and nicely pigmented. I absolutely love the shades Burnt Mahogany and Humble Sheen which together remind me of the Estee Lauder Raisins Duo which was limited edition (if you want to see swatches of the Raisins Duo click here). Lastly the transforming shade in this palette Choose was probably the worst of the bunch I found that it wasn't very pigmented and did not show up on my skin too well, which was slightly disappointing. 




(Natural Light with Flash)
Choose, Burnt Mahogany, Radiant Initiation, Peaceful Shimmer, Humble Sheen 



The final set that came with this palette was the blush, highlighter and bronzer palette. I am a HUGE sucker for blushes and they are one of my favourite products and this palette is probably one of my favourite things in the set for one reason, and one reason alone…Obscure Coral! Obscure Coral is the gorgeous coral shade (pictured below) I absolutely love it and I think it looks amazing with my skin tone as well. Its super opaque and applies wonderfully. The other blush Misty Rose is also pretty but since I have darker skin it does not show up very well on me. To be quite honest you'd have to be very fair in order for this colour to show up strongly; but the colour is build able and with a little effort it gives me a natural flushed finish. The highlighter in this set is very luminescent but a little too yellow toned for me and again since I am darker skinned bronzers don't really work for me and this is no exception. But there is a bit of shimmer so I can use it to add some glow to my skin. Overall all 4 shades in this palette have good formulations and last well the only problem that I see is that it isn't as universal as I would have liked it to be. 



(Natural Light with Flash)
Obscure Coral, Misty Rose Gleaming Pearl, Intelligent Bronze 





The last things included in this set are a dual ended brush (blush brush on one end and eye brush on the other) and some "Get The Look" cards. The brush isn't bad quality and does what its supposed to do. I wouldn't say that its a favourite but its a good brush to put into my swim team make up bag or something. Its soft and doesn't seem to shed but I don't find that it picks up products the way I would like it to. I still think its a nice addition to the palette especially if you're new to makeup. Lastly the "Get The Look" cards are also a nice addition and are super helpful to makeup newbies or if you want to create one of the looks from the movie they are super helpful too. 



Overall I was EXTREMELY happy with this set, for once it was a set that was based on a movie or TV show that wasn't gimmicky and filled with crappy products. This set is composed of products that I actually like and want to use and I know I'll get a ton of use out of these products. As of now when I am posting this; this set just came back into stock (I literally got the email 30 minutes ago) so if you want it I would seriously look into getting it sooner or later. I hope that it hasn't sold out by now but I'll leave the link below so y'all can check. This blog post took a lot of time and effort to write so I hope you all enjoyed it…

XOXO Gaborillaa :D 









1 comment:

  1. I'm still thinking about getting the smaller face kit because I am in LOVE with this collection! I'm so happy that they came up with a collection based off a series with actually DECENT makeup haha! I'm usually disappointed or uninterested in the celebrity/series collabs!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete