Monday, December 16, 2013

Mac Bad Girl RiRi and Pleasure Bomb Lipstick Review

Heyyy everyone I know that I haven't written a post in what seems like forever but I'm finally back in action. My laptop has been and still is broken, I've been super sick and both school and swimming are over running my life. Anyways since its so close to the Holidays and things are finally starting to slow down a bit I thought that it would be the perfect time to get back into the blogging groove.


Now on the the good stuff.... As everyone and there mom already knows Mac released its last and final collaboration collection with Rihanna for the year. The RiRi Hearts Mac Holiday Collection came out online on the 3rd of December and of course the Mac site was being impossible and caused many of us Mac fanatics to miss out on the RiRi lipsticks which sold out in a whopping 10 minutes. This meant that many of us had to hit up our local Mac stores to get our hands on the goods. So this past Thursday the 12th I went out on a mad dash to get my highly coveted lippies. Although it took 4 stores and two different malls I finally got my lipsticks. Now I could go on an on about how bad Mac's website and stock is but who wants to hear that so lets get on to the actual products...

Left: Bad Girl RiRi
Right: Pleasure Bomb
$20.00 Canadian

This Holiday collection was a bit smaller than the previous RiRi Hearts Mac Fall Collection and only contained two new lipsticks; Pleasure Bomb and Bad Girl RiRi so of course I had to get them. The packaging is absolutely phenomenal in this collection too! Its a gorgeous shimmery white with rose gold detailing which I find classy and FAB!!!


So of course picked up both; Pleasure Bomb which is a cool toned fuchsia colour and Bad Girl RiRi which is a brown/taupe colour that is a nude for darker skin tones. I love both of these lipsticks and they are both literally perfection for the Holiday Season.

Pleasure Bomb - Retro Matte Lipstick

Pleasure Bomb is a gorgeous Retro Matte fuchsia colour that stays on the lips for hours. I have never owned a lipstick or lip product that has lasted for that long not even a stain... I put this lipstick on around midday and ate and drank as usual; even after showering, washing my face and attempting to remove the lipstick with Bioderma, then brushing my teeth and going to bed the next morning the lipstick still left a tint on my lips. Now I am not complaining because I LOVE long wearing lipstick that I do not have to continuously apply and the best thing about this lipstick is that it doesn't ever look or apply patchy like Talk That Talk sometimes would. Lastly I do not find that this lipstick is drying whatsoever and overall I really enjoy this product and although I am pretty sure that you cannot get it anymore I would recommend keeping your eyes on Mac for a re-promote or a dupe.

Pleasure Bomb (Flash) 
Pleasure Bomb (No Flash


Bad Girl RiRi - Matte Lipstick

The second lipstick that I picked up is Bad Girl RiRi which is a gorgeous brown-y neutral colour that is a matte lipstick that would look amazing on any skin tone. On fairer skin tones Bad Girl RiRi is more of a taupey brown colour but for deeper skin tones this lipstick is more of a nude. Since I am darker this lipstick acts as a nude for me but its still dark enough that it does not wash me out and make me look dead which is something that I absolutely love. Again this is an incredible lipstick that I really do love.

Bad Girl RiRi (Flash)
Bad Girl RiRi (No Flash)

Also as a side note I was able to pick up an extra tube of Bad Girl RiRi and it is brand new - never opened so if you are interested in buying it off of me please email: gaborillaa@hotmail.com and leave a comment below letting me know that you are interested. If nobody is interested then I'll probably put it up on Ebay so if you are interested let me know ASAP. Also I am asking around $45.00-$50.00 or I will take the highest offer.

Anyways guys did you end up getting anything from the RiRi Hearts Mac Holiday Collection? And if you did what did you get...and have any of you guys had bad luck with Mac's website because I would love to hear about it!!!

Thanks for reading
XOXO Gaborillaa ;D





4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you again! Love pleasure bomb! It might be too late for me to pick it up online, but I'll have to hit up my local MAC!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahh it might be a little too late, but definitely check out Temptalia's Blog because she always has dupes and similar colours listed.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the nude one! I always find that many nudes wash me out too, so I will have to give this a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhhh I actually have the same problem too, which is why I really enjoy this lipstick. If you have darker skin then try Twig from Mac because that can look beautiful too and its a bit pinkier so it won't wash you out as much!! :D

      Delete